Sunday, June 10, 2012

Kansas City Tribe - Women's Tackle Football

I will admit that I have taken great fun at picking on the idea that Kansas City was going to get a Ladies Arena Football Team ... the Kansas City Passion.  I am going to admit that I didn't venture outside the realm of Arena Football in my exploration of Women's Football until after the posting of my last article about the KC Passion and how we might was well close the book on them.  Let's face facts.  Women playing football in basically panties and bras is NOT real football.  You don't see the AFL or other indoor leagues dressing their men up in next to nothing.  Women's Arena Football is playing to those who are only interested in watching for those occasional uniform malfunctions and looking at women in next to nothing.  End of story, let's move on.

The Kansas City Tribe
Women's Tackle Football

I had stumbled across this team during the writing of my last article about the KC Passion.  I was pleased to see that there was someone out there who was allowing the ladies to play real football, not just make them parade themselves around like pole dancers.  I was surprised to find that this team, of which I have heard absolutely nothing about before now, had won a league championship on 2009, and as of the posting of this article, are heading into the post season with a record of 6-1 (and on a 6 game winning streak).

Unfortunately, I found out about the Tribe late in their season.  I couldn't make it to their last game, which was against another Kansas City Women's Tackle Football Team, the KC Spartans.  Their next game (post season) is in St Louis, and unless they somehow get a post game season back here in KC, I will have to wait until 2013 to check out this team.  The nice thing is, they have a history, there is no reason to doubt that there will be a 2013 Season.

So Ladies ... Good luck in Post Season and I will try to catch you guys next season.

No comments: