Sunday, February 5, 2012

Aaron Garcia Greater Than Tom Brady - BC Slasher claims on Facebook

BC Slasher - AFL Super Fan
Arena Football League QB Aaron Garcia took the Jacksonville Sharks Afl down the field for a game winning TD in ArenaBowl XXIV. Tom Brady could not do the same with 57 seconds. Therefore.... Aaron Garcia > Tom Brady

I've seen some interesting claims on Facebook, but now and then one comes out that makes me sit back and say ... come on, get a grip.  Even tongue in cheek, this is stupid.  Such was the case when I read the above post on Facebook by BC Slasher.  This is not the first ludacris statement that has made in the past in his rabid support of Arena Football.  If you look back into the early articles of this blog, you will find an article called "Iowa Barnstormers Sit Fans ..." where the wife of the man who made the above statement wrote an article for ArenaFan Online.

Now, I understand being a devote Arena Football Fan, and Scott is a good guy for the most part.  Hell, I drove from Kansas City to Chicago one weekend to see the Kansas City Brigade (now Command) play against the Chicago Rush, a battle that would determine if Kansas City would have home field advantage going into the playoffs.  I was once a Season Ticket holder, but I maintained a level of reality about my support of the team.

My response to BC Slasher (or whatever he is calling himself now) was simple.
Let's take into consideration twice the defensive talent, twice the length of field. I like Arena Football, but I'm not going to be stupid about it.
You can count the AFL stars that have left the AFL and made it big in the NFL on one hand.  In fact, the only name that comes to mind is Kurt Warner, who left Arena Football for the Canadian Football League, and then went into the NFL to win a Superbowl.  Star receiver Sippio made the jump into the NFL with the Kansas City Chiefs, but found himself out-talented.  If Aaron Garcia was greater than Tom Brady, he wouldn't be playing in the Arena Football league, he would be making millions of dollars playing in the NFL, that plain and simple.

No comments: