Saturday, March 10, 2012

Rush Run Over Tampa Bay

First game of the season, and the Chicago Rush are off to a great start.  With a team record eight towndown passes, and two returned interceptions, Russ Michna opened the season with a 70-48 WIN!

I really wanted to sit down and watch the game.  I found a free video feed from the stadium on Ustream TV, but life took me away from my computer and I didn't get back to the computer until after the game was over.  But I'm excited about the win!  Michna with eight touchdown passes, Kevin Morris with two great interceptions for touchdowns.  There is every reason to believe that the Rush have an excellent chance of making a serious bid for the 2012 Arenabowl.

So, what's next?  The Chicago Rush will take a bye in Week Two, then host the Orlando Predators in a Thursday night game for Week Three.  The Orlando Predators suffered a double digit loss in Week One against the Pittsburgh Power, (40-26), on the road, but in 2011 they finished the season with a record of 11-7, with a record of 5-4 (.555) on the road.  Chicago had a strong home record in 2011, and they are off to a great start in 2012.  My prediction for Week Three?  I think I'll take Chicago again.  Both Chicago and Pittsburgh will be coming back from a Bye Week.

No comments: