Saturday, March 31, 2012

Rush Win a Close Match in Des Moines

My main concern last week was that Chicago could shoot themselves in the foot and lose the game to Iowa.  Unfortunately, I missed most of the game, coming in during the final minutes of regulation, and then watching the game through over-time.  From what I could figure out from listening to the announcer for Chicago, the team struggled during the first half.  However, Chicago managed to fight their way back and tie the game in the final seconds.

In overtime, Iowa marched down the field and scored, drawing first blood, but their kicker failed to score the extra point, leaving the door open for Chicago to come back and win.  Chicago took the ball and worked their way into the end zone, tying the game until the Rush kicked the point after to take sudden death and win the game.

So, what's next?  Chicago should be able to handle the Kansas City Command, as I stated in my review of the Kansas City Command Game.  The Barnstormers will be taking on the Pittsburgh Power.  Here are two teams that are sitting with only one win.  So, the question is, can Iowa beat the Power on the road?  I am going to base my prediction on the fact that the Barnstormers seem to be able to rise to the occasion, and give them the benefit of the doubt.   That's right, I'm simply going with the local team.

So, Chicago over KC ... Iowa over Pittsburgh.

No comments: